Taking a leap of faith and quitting a corporate job after 24 years can be a daunting and intimidating decision. It’s natural to feel fear, stress and uncertainty when faced with such a significant change. However, it’s also important to remember that sometimes taking a risk can lead to great rewards. Join me on my new adventure as a small business owner. Don’t get me wrong, I am scared shitless but this is something I have to do for myself. I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be for the first time in my life. I’ll give you all the deets, good & bad. Here are a few things to consider if you’re thinking about making a change:
- Reflect on your motivations: It’s important to have a clear understanding of why you want to make this change. Are you unhappy in your current role? Are you seeking more fulfillment or purpose in your work? Understanding your motivations can help guide your decision-making process.
- Assess your financial situation: Quitting a corporate job usually means leaving a steady income behind. Before making the leap, it’s important to have a solid understanding of your financial situation and whether you have the resources to sustain yourself during the transition period. This may involve saving up an emergency fund or finding other sources of income.
- Explore your options: It’s a good idea to do some research and explore the various options available to you. This may include starting your own business, freelancing, or finding a new job in a different industry. Consider what path aligns best with your goals and values.
- How do you feel: Do you feel the passion in your soul to do what you know you were meant to do. You can’t explain how good this new endeavor makes you feel so deep down. You can’t explain that you already know it’s going to be successful, it’s just a burning feeling that you are right where you are supposed to be. This here is the key to success. If you are not feeling it, others will feel this too, you will never make it without that passion, you will not have the want and needs to succeed.
- Seek advice and support: Don’t be afraid to seek out the advice and support of others who have made similar transitions. Talk to friends, family, or mentors who can offer guidance and encouragement. You may also want to consider joining a support group or hiring a coach to help you navigate the process.
Ultimately, the decision to quit your corporate job and take a leap of faith is a personal one that only you can make. It’s important to weigh the potential risks and rewards, and to trust your instincts. While there may be challenges along the way, the experience can also be incredibly rewarding and fulfilling. We tend to always focus on the doom & gloom and all the things that can go wrong. Wait, what about all of the things that can go right, things could actually be better than they were, you may even have a larger income and more freedom than ever before. Mindset is huge with all aspects of our lives. Manifest all of the positive, push away all the negative. Remember life is short and its important to do what makes you happy and feel peaceful. Change is scary but…nothing changes if nothing changes. Five more shifts and my new adventure begins. 12/30/2022 will be my first day of my new beginnings. The best is yet to come! Peace & Love!