- Our impressive Stain Eliminating Primer is a safe and effective bonding and stain eliminator in one! This primer can be used on most surfaces including decks, concrete, walls, furniture, and cabinets. Available in 3 color choices; we suggest using the white primer under whites and light colors, the gray primer under medium colors and reds, and use our clear primer under dark paint colors or whenever you are distressing. We recommend using our primer under white or light colors to prevent pesky wood tannin bleed through, and under all One Hour Enamel applications for superior bonding durability.
- Note: Clear primer will appear milky white in the can. It will dry clear.
- Coverage per Quart: Approximately 160 square feet
- Application Advice:
- The surface must be clean and free of dirt, grease, grime, wax, and chalk. Remove all loose or flaking paint by scraping, wire brushing or sanding. Fill all holes and cracks and any voids or surface imperfections.
- Stir product with a circular, lifting motion until the product is uniform throughout.
- Wise Owl Stain Eliminating Primer may be applied by brush and roller or by spray. For best brush application results, use a quality nylon/polyester brush and a 3/8” nap cover. It may be thinned with up to 10% water for spray application.
- Dry to touch in 1 hour, reapply in 4 hours under normal drying conditions. Sealing some stains may require two coats and a longer reapply window to allow the primer to dry thoroughly prior to finishing. This dry time is what seals in those stains and tannins.
- After painting, wait 24 hours to apply the top-coat.
- Clean-Up: Clean brushes and rollers in soapy water immediately after painting.
- Notes:Priming is especially important if you are painting anything white that is a Depression-era piece! I cannot stress this enough. These things will BLEED! Clean well and always use our stain eliminating primer before painting these.Woods that are notorious for bleeding are Mahogany and Cherry
It is recommended to prime with Wise Owl Primer before using the One Hour Enamel for extreme adhesion of the paint to surfaces. This increases durability and longevity. Cabinets, tile, and floors should ALWAYS be primed without exception.
Note: Some Wise Owl products are kept in house while others will be shipped directly from Wise Owl Company. It will be noted on your packing slip if being shipped from Wise Owl. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact me.